public flogging

Sunday, August 07, 2005

I have to admit... I've been in a bit of a mood lately, especially about this whole blogging business. And, there were several rants that got written, and erased. Frustration, irritation, why? Because, as the wisest wisecracker on the blogosphere has pointed out, it's exactly like high school.

I hated high school. Actually, more importantly, it annoyed me, because hate would be too strong. In the end, while I enjoyed classes and liked laughing my pants off, the cliques, the lack of courage, the lack of anything really that interesting, the self-replicating wannabes, they bored me to death.

In the midst of all that, though, are the really funny kids that give you the times you'll remember. That blog, the one above, reminds me of some of those kids... but all you suck-ups, don't go running on her blog and polluting it with "I love how you write." or "You're so funny." Show a little restraint please.

__________________

*technically, this whole post could be considered a suck up. But, I have to give props where props are due. So, I take that end of the Catch-22.