if you're wondering...

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

why there are no photographs of the new apartment...it's because my internet access is being hijacked at the crossroads by France Telecom (read rant in earlier weeks). of course it's easy to just take some on put little SD disk into someone else's mac, but too lazy for that. so don't bug me about the photos...you'll see them already. anyways, if scooby, or any other french friend had blogs, my description could be corroborated by them...but frenchies don't seem to blog.

and, after blurry good night with Herbie last Thursday, have resolved to put together pilot of new tv serial, which will earn mucho deniros and financially justify my sociopathic leanings. Herbie is very best, especially after draining last drop of whiskey bottle into my glass.

and, just to pack in one last nonsensical comment, made really great chocolate cake the other day, after roasting a perfect chicken. Went to market this morning and spent 10Eu, buying 2kg of potatoes, 5 glorious carrots, 2 giant onions, 4 baby courgettes, 1 head of rose garlic, 4 lieu noir steaks, 12 eggs, some plums, a bunch of fresh coriander, 3 cucumbers, 2kg of tomatoes, 3 red peppers, 2 juicy lemons, and a slice of pumpkin. Belleville market is wonderful and I am becoming master chef...can live off of this for next 5 or 6 days. tonight I will steam the fish, with shavings of ginger, and top it with caramelized vinegar onions, sided with potato salad and some buttery steamed courgette. Sunday is Place des Fetes market, where one can get 3 kilos of girolles for 4Eu. Will also lay my hands on some salt cod so I can make chowder...it's starting to look like autumn light.