anonymous

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

just had rather annoying email by old friend that asked me why I write my blog under a pseudonym, and why I don't show my photos.

1. Honesty is hardly the point of my blog. People who already know me know my style of bitching and all my nefarious stomach-related schemes, and get a short laugh out of my malcontent. People who don't know me won't have to pretend they know me just because they can read my fucking name.

2. I don't believe that attaching my real name will make this blog any more or less truthful. A personal testimony can neither be verified absolutely, not can it be contradicted. Anyways, most of the time, reading truths transforms people into false actors...they think they've already investigated the issue because someone else did, or that they did something heroic and meaningful just because they read about it. Anyone who believes in the idea of truth in testimony is fucked.

3. Pen names are stupid and fun, and prevent your professional worklife from being associated with private vicious musings. I mean, would you invite your boss to all your private shin-digs? If so, please write me for a menial job so that I can be YOUR BOSS.

anyways...it's a shame that people think inventing a name is just a way to create anonymity. I like to think of it as an alternate personality...like an instant personality makeover. after all, now that I am the NARDAC, I have responsibilities to my new self...I have to feed my menagerie of lintballs and get them multiple jobs, eat cheese at odd hours, and cross my hands to talk about international politics....it never ends.