France Telecom, another bad french crown company

Monday, August 23, 2004

Egads...when will the anti-french rant end. This time, I've been hijacked in fury by a ludicrously retarded phone call with burglars, otherwise known as France Telecom. And all I asked for was the friggin' bill, for christ's sakes!!!

ok, so there's this company, free.fr, which provides a nice little package, internet, telephony and television, all for the handy price of 30Eu a month. However, in order to profit from this lovely little service, you need to pay France Telecom 27EU a month, just for the privilege of using the jack. I phoned FT to demand them for a bill, so that I could go through with my contract with free.fr, and be officially connected in my new digs...however, my call was followed by insinuous questions as to why I needed a copy of my facture, followed by extorting my reply that I was going to be inscribed into free.fr, which was then proceeded with a demand for 150Eu, for the priviledge of cutting my bonds with FT. Otherwise, I would have to pay my 30Eu every month, and suck it in like a good girl...So...FT is asking me to pay the same amount as free.fr for NO SERVICE. That's extortion baby.

Then, he had the temerity to suggest that I take FT's new offer which is better than free's because I can get it in one week, instead of three...32Eu a month for internet and phone...not even bloody telephony... and I would have to pay 26 cents a minute for every call. I freaked out. I'm still freaking out. However, seeing no possible resolution to this problem, and knowing that their days are as limited as VHS, I'm happy to note that I swallowed their bitter pill for the next two months, after which my contract with free.fr will officially begin...there's no cancellation fee...then I'll pay my 150Eu, in one shot, so that I'll never have to give those leeches another penny. holy crappin silver lining in stupid ball-breaking experience.