homesick

Friday, July 30, 2004

can't sleep, and, while thinking about new blogger links section, suddenly realized why I wrote my archipelago bit...I'm homesick. finally...and this was a cheap way of throwing out a fishing line. So, for all you people in Toronto, or wherever you are, I'm not coming back anytime soon, but it doesn't mean I don't miss the hell out of you.

what I actually miss:
jumbo empanadas, tacos el asador, and cheap sushi
going to bars with friends and smoking my face off
knowing everybody at all those stupid art parties
dressing outrageously for pennies
riding bikes all the time
North American TV
knowing where I'm going almost blindfolded
buying too much produce for the week then going out for dinner at korea town while lettuce rots in fridge
dating cool art/rock boy with lots of fun connections
throwing a dinner for my friends and then cooking something completely stupid and complicated, just because
la ha, in the good old days
giant boxes of Tropicana
nancy on her bike
shelton's bad decisions
chris's sunday dim sum date
don cherry on HNIC
speaking english

what I don't miss:
getting insane allergies every spring and summer
having to filter my water in Brita everyday
seeing the same people who talk about all the same other people and what success they have
pseudo-cool art openings that are really a drag unless you're a queen
the predominant idea that gay/issue-based art is so cool
smoking my face off
dating pussy-whipped art/rock boy
fear of staying at home unless I miss something
watery tasteless yogurt
competition
ignorant racists who think they're really hip just because they can introduce their parents to dim sum, false sympathy, thoughtless PC posturing
having people understand the words, but not the meaning, of what I say all the time


ok, I'm going to sleep now, with dreams of wading through slush and ice in February...