late late late, as usual

Saturday, July 03, 2004

I need to find a way to get out of this school...it's almost 6 in the morning, I've been waiting for my stupid files to magically change transform themselves, so I can move them onto my hard drive and blast out of here...I've been here all night. I'm going mad.

on the other hand, I've read all the sports news available, googled everyone to hell, written an endless blog entry, and sneaked peeks at everyone else's blogs for secret entries of me...

which brings me to a nice point. my cousin, who pretends to be slightly more uncool than me, (if she could only see me now, all accounts would be settled), has been keeping a blog for almost a year now. This means that she's been keeping it from just before I came to visit her in August, last year...so, being a natural snoop, I peaked into the entries August 8, 2003- September 8, 2003. Lo and behold, there were the documents...like peeking into a pandora's box, because there's no such thing as a little glance, and there's no such thing as a casual reaction when family's involved. I have to admit, I was really touched. Of course, this was accompanied by the family guilt I still bear over an uncompleted family project...but, whatever, that'll be done in due time.

So, here's the 411 on my cousin: she's older than me (by a question of months), she's been schooled mainly in Singapore, though had a decent amount of education at a respected american university, she's quite open and funny, married to a guy who's following his artistic ambitions, and, while she can't hold her alcohol, nor eat a lot, she can sure give her point of view in a pointed manner! It might not sound like a lot, but it's quite substantial. Singaporeans are, by my experience, obsessed with what's normal, or aberrant, or cool, or controlled. They need to know where they stand, in measure to others, all the time, so that they can feel inferior or superior, either of which provokes an ugly reaction. My cousin is not like that. And, in an island like Singapore, that makes her ten times cooler than my painted toe-nails. Thanks a bunch, tym!