under your feet

Sunday, June 27, 2004

another lazy day. went to market to get virgin dvds and ended up with pieces of horse steak. having hard time kicking stupid habit of buying too much food at the market...but luckily now have budget and stick to it. went home with darnac and found out house was complete bleeding mess from too many days spent not throwing stuff out. had to jet leftover bottles of coke and oasis (what a great name for a nauseous sugary drink), many other dried:rotting items, and also guests's brown bananas and strawberry yogurt. actually, ate yogurt, which had very ironic label 'bio' on it. ironic? yes...if you look carefully at the incredients, there's one evil E130 preservative, aroma (all aromas are chemical configurations bred to fool our olfactory glands) and artificial colour!!! Bio my fucking ass...that's biohazardous!!!

other pet peeve which is getting sundry nasty items stuck on sole of shoes. france is the worst place in the world for dog shit all over the fucking place...but, if that wasn't enough, there's also chewing gum to avoid.

here's the 411 on me and chewing gum...I think it's incredibly gross, whether it's in a wrapper, getting all mashed up and mixed with saliva in someone's mouth, or stuck onto the bottom of a shoe. In fact, I can't kiss somebody after they've chewed gum, and I feel like throwing up (right now) just thinking about it. it's like snot, vomit or poo...gross. Funnily enough, I don't have the same aversion to semen or piss...weird...anyways, I think my great and all-encompassing neurosis with gum comes from a formative experience in third grade where a lump of sticky pink gum got really messy and weblike on the bum of my white pants. I've never recovered. besides getting it on clothing, the other thing I can't stand is when it sticks to the underside of my shoe. It's as bad as shit, and maybe worse, because I seem to never feel that it comes completely off...GGGGGRRRRROOOOOOSSSSSSS

so, today, got big nasty piece of gum stuck on the sole of my shoe just as I got into the subway. Subway was crowded and was burdened with 5 carrier bags, so really not in a position to clean it off. stayed, balancing on one foot and a toe for close to 30 minutes, with nauseating sweet smell of gum wafting up constantly...darnac had to distract me by asking who would win the Euro this year and questioning brutal nature of hockey. finally got off train and scraped gum off shoe, imitating turette's whole time.

I have one more sour grape to pluck...burned dvds of my new film last week...and, like everything at school, quality control is completely unsatisfactory. why is it that 3 out of the 5 dvds I burned bug and crash??? why why why? what's the point of buying these fucking things and spending time burning them when half of them are buggy??!! am I cursed with new technology, is there some bad magnetic field around me? grrr...luckily I have two that work, but if success ratio is 40% let's just say that the fucking fresnoy (shitty art school/french administrative torture system) just failed another test.

gripe gripe gripe!!!!