the GB phenomenon

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

celebration of women in france. started wondering what is the state of the modern woman's (20-early 30 something) mindset. for me, something very curious has come up with startling revelation that life not complete without gay boyfriend...like designated hitter in baseball, the GB stands in when the real thing is off having his loner male crisis. Like, feminism has not brought us any closer to having normal healthy women's psyche unless boyfriend/husband/lover is not retarded over sense of female encroachment on his territory. I not only need to have healthy circle of girlfriends, but also multiple revolving GBs who takes me shopping, watch TV with me, or gossip. In the past, I had two very steady GB relationships, which changed my life and they probably gave me more support than anyone else...especially with boy advice. seriously...the gay boyfriend phenomena will be one of the things we will remember when we think about women at the end of the 20th century. This year, suffered enormously over lack of GB options, but, hats off to the old finnish roommate, who actually, despite no shopping skills and not being gay, managed to be my GB of the year.

on good note, managed to comfort long lost Toronto friend over phone while blurry drunk...after which fuzzily she admitted that everybody in old school still slags me..."oh, it's because you're so strong that people hated you." I don't believe that. I was a bitch, and I pushed those buggers out of the way. It wasn't strength...it was a matter of principle. Sympathy for mediocrity is for assholes.