éphemère

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Not like the Point... but something else.

I'm on the verge of a great discovery, like when Columbus saw a golden red spire sticking out of the water with an arrow attached saying Free Cable TV ahead, and said, hey, looks like we're in the right direction boys!

Or when Tina Turner jumped out of the bathtub after a spider jumped in, screaming in tune with the sound of draining water, and said, Lordy Jesus, I got me some pipes!

I remember hearing a story about Thelonius Monk looking up in the sky from the bushy undergrowth, listening to the distant sound of a church choir singing, and all he could hear was the faint skeleton of the song.

Or Mr. T running on the street while those pimply kids chased him with baseball sticks, and suddenly noticing how aesthetically pleasing the dashed lines are on the street.

These are fleeting but life changing moments.

Wait... what was I talking about?