Syksy Räsänen

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I’ve just spent the better part of my lunch hour reading an excellent blog. Truly, one of the better written and more well-thought out political rantings I’ve come across. The perspicacity and detail in the analysis is really shockingly good. But, of course it should be. The man is relentless in his attention to detail and he’s a committed warrior to his good cause. Normally I shy away from political activists, because they tend to be misguided and extremist, or spout off facile, idealistic, shallow or twisted political analysis. But not the case here. He's grounded in research, individual cases, and concrete action. And while he may have his PhD and teach in Oxford, it’s not for Political Theory, but in Physics. Young Finnish Scissorhands is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

I really hope he moves to Paris in September. It will be refreshing to have someone like that in France.