molten gold in my youthful sunset

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

pavement

Still Golden Tunes, after all these years...

Woke up and listened to Pavement for the first time in ages. Cut Your Hair, from Crooked Rain Crooked Rain... damn... still so good. I found myself bopping along, and humming happy on the Metro...screaming inanities about a career! a career! did you see your drummer's hair...


Darlin’ don’t you go and cut your hair
Do you think it’s gonna make him change?
I’m just a boy with a new haircut
And that’s a pretty nice haircut
Charge it like a puzzle, hit me wearin’ muzzles
Hesitate to die, look around, around, the second drummer’s drowned
His telephone is found

Music scene is crazy, bands start up each and every day
I saw another one just the other day
A special new band
I remember lying
I don’t remember lies
I don’t remember what
But I don’t care, I care, I really don’t care
Did you see the drummer’s hair?

Advertising looks and chops a must
No big hair!!
Songs mean a lot
When songs are bought
And so are you-
Bitch, rant down to the practice room
Attention and fame so
Career, career, career....


Had lunch with Queenie, Julie and Joseph, the sexy european mf. It looks like he died his floppy ringlets in something darker... like oak or something. Anyways, with his half open sweater and shabby pirate shirt underneath, he did look pretty scrumptious. Unfortunately finally noticed a very keen ambitious artist edge within... It's strange... I'm not at all attracted to people who are interested in a career... but I'm dreadfully attracted to people who are interested in excellence. So far, this hasn't landed me any millionaires, but I'm looking for posterity... dare-to-be-great situation... My mother just says that this will make me posthumously famous... aka, unhappy while living. What a zipper she is.