I passed the line of screamage

Monday, February 06, 2006

At this moment, I'm watching the Superbowl at home. That's right. At home. I can't believe France 2 is showing the Superbowl on television, that I have to watch it by myself, minus screaming friends and other people who know the sport, listening to french commentary, and staying up to ungodly hours of the night. First of all, let me be the first to say that I find it very strange that France's national channel has decided to show the Superbowl. I mean, there's no American football in France to speak of. Even my husband, a sports freak, has no idea about the rules. But, hey, I'm not complaining, even after every french celebrity who shows up says he likes "baseball... oh no... football... yeah I know all the rules," or "yeah, I like football but I prefer NBAhhh" or "Of course it's should be a touchdown. It's better when there's more points on the board."

The whole experience reminds me of this summer in Toronto when I followed the Tour de France. I woke up early to listen to watch it on television. The television commentary was done by Aussie halfwits who spent half the time yelling about Lance, and the other half of the time explaining the sport of cycling. This time round, in Paris, the french television commentary is most idiotic and it's all Jerome Bettis and no one else. Last year, listening to Brady thunder home the Patriots on live American internet radio, I didn't need to suffer through the abcs of football explained to me and the frenchifying of the rules. "Est-ce qu'il a passé ze line of screamage?" I have.

And dang those Stones are dinosaurs.

WAY TO GO PITTSBURGH STEELERS!
That should make up for the shitty Penguins.